Tuesday, March 10th, 2009 5:17 PM CST
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Danny's Sniping and Rifling guides!

Original Threads:

Sniper Guide
    Rifle Guide

================================================

Sniper Guide

Hello, this is my first guide ever, so please give constructive comments. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction:
    Snipers in Sudden Attack are quite different then most FPS games. It involves quite a load of tactical and strategic knowledge. I am here to help you perfect your way of being a "sna/sniper."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to buy?
    Please note that I'm only doing the snipers that are currently out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PRIMARY:

TRG-21/TRP-21
    A wide amount of snipers in Sudden Attack use the TRP-21/TRG-21. It has 100% accuracy AND damage, which makes it deadly in close quarters and far ranged situations. The recoil shouldn't matter, because the TRG-21 is a BOLT ACTION sniper rifle, which means it requires you to pull back on the bolt, before each shot, but I will get to an easier way to do this later on. The TRG-21/TRP-21 is massive weight-wise, so to ignore this, you will have to run with your secondary weapon or melee weapon.

Dragunov/Dragu
    This sniper is part of the beginner kit you get after you start the game. It has 99% in power, and 100% in accuracy. The accuracy can be deadly if used correctly. This sniper is a semi-automatic sniper, which means it can shoot, without pulling back on the bolt every single shot. This sniper will allow you to shoot non-stop without scoping out. Recoil should be something you care about with this sniper, since you actually stay in-scope after you shoot. After shooting the Dragunov/Dragu once, the crosshair should quickly go up, and then go back down. It is helpful to try to control the recoil. Weight-wise, this sniper is very heavy, it is heavier than the TRG-21/TRP-21 by 10%.

MSG-90/NSG-90
    This is the beginner sniper rifle you start out with ingame. It is the weakest sniper in the game, with only 75% in power, and only 99% in accuracy, which is pretty weak-sauce compared to other sniper rifles. Recoil isn't as bad as the Dragunov/Dragu, so it can be more stable compared to it. The MSG-90/NSG-90 is decent weight-wise, but keep in mind that it is not good power-wise.

Scout SR-69/Scout TR-69
    This is the beginner sniper rifle to start out with in Korean SuddenAttack. It has a low power of 85%, but with has 100% accuracy. This sniper tends to be deadly if used right. Aiming at the head is one way professional snipers in Korean SuddenAttack use this sniper. Recoil shouldn't matter, since its a bolt-action sniper rifle. This is currently the lightest sniper rifle ingame.

I recommend the TRG-21/TRP-21.

SECONDARY:
    There is still a small variety of Pistols/SecondaryWeapons you can choose from in SANA today, but GameHi managed to release the most used ones.
    A lot of people use a strong fast gun, like the D.Eagle/Desert Eagle or the C.Anaconda/D.Anaconda. The secondary weapon is very useful to close-quarter combat, or when you miss or half shot a person.

MELEE:
    Knives are extremely useful in hand-to-hand combat in small maps like Warehouse. It can be used as a last-resort weapon. There are no recommendation for knives, which means whatever knife suits you, use it.

THROWING:
    No recommendation for this either. Anything can be used well, as long as you know how to use it.

SENSITIVITY?
    It all depends on your mouse. People say that having lower sensitivity helps you aim better. I find that very true. If you are used to a higher sensitivity, go ahead, break a leg.

TECHNIQUE:

First things first, remember to PRACTICE. No one can just suddenly become good at something, so make sure you practice.

Drag Shot:
    The most basic thing to learn. Drag shooting is basically what you may think it is. Dragging and shooting. You basically aim at wherever, and when you see an enemy, you drag or follow them, and try to shoot them down. Seems simple enough no?

TIP: Don't just think "Oh, theres an enemy, I will drag over and shoot them." Try to use instincts, don't try to think about it. I can't really explain it, but you should start drag shooting without a problem.

Quick-Scoping and Quick-Swapping:
    Quick-Scoping takes time and hard work to perfect. Quick-Scoping is when you put the enemy onto the middle of your screen, and quickly pressing the right-click and the left-click buttons at the same time. When you press the two buttons at once, you should quickly scope in and shoot. This is when you quick-swap. Quick-Swapping helps you get ready for your next shot. If you quick-swap right, you should be ready for your next shot about a second faster than not switching at all. Quick-Swapping is easy, after you shoot the enemy down, you quickly press "QQ, 3-1, 2,1, or Q3." You can pick whatever suits you the best.

TIP: Try not to use QQ, QQ takes a bit longer than using 3-1, 2-1, or Q3.

Crouch-Shot:
    The name gives it away. You simply crouch and shoot. Simple isn't it? I don't recommend using this every single time.

TIP: Crouch Shots are very handy in situations like A-Long or B-Long battles.
    Try not to overuse it.

Breaking-Shot:
    Breaking-Shot seems to be the hardest thing to learn after a while. To break, you walk over to where you want, and when you see the enemy, quickly press the other direction. If you don't know what I mean, here's what I press when I want to go over to B-Long from the Red-Team spawn:
    D (hold until you found an enemy), quickly TAP A, scope in and shoot.
    You can also do it the opposite way (holding A and quickly tapping D).

TIP: Don't HOLD on the opposite direction while you break. Just TAP. Make sure you come out a good distance, which means try not to let your body out completely.

Back-Shot:
    Simple, when you jump out, quickly press on your 180 Degree Turn button, and kill.

TIP: Using buttons like "F" or "T" can be really helpful, since "Backspace" is far away from Space and "WASD."

There are alot of other techniques like Burning-Shot and Wind-Shot and so on, but these, I can not really explain to you. Sorry.

MORE TIPS:

Practice, practice, practice. It works.
    Work on your hand-eye coordination.
    Work on your reflexes.
    Believe in yourself in situations that you may think you cannot do. If you feel that you're under pressure, then relax. It will help alot.
    Don't switch too often, this will leave you vulnerable, which will lead to death.
    Try to run with your pistol more than your knife, running with knife can also leave you vulnerable.
    Half-Shots can be a bum. I recommend you switch to your pistol if that happens.

Rifle Guide

Just like Sniping, Rifling is somewhat different compared to other FPS games. It requires a lot of thinking, and you can't just spray your way to the top. This guide will help you survive being an attacker/rifler in Sudden Attack.

What to buy?
    Please note that I'm only doing the rifles that are currently out.

PRIMARY:

The AK-47/AS-47 and the AK-47 Black/AS-47 Black:
    One of the most commonly used guns in the game. Said to be the strongest rifle in the game, with the power of 43%. This gun has 87% accuracy, which is average for many rifles. Recoil-wise, this gun is a monster. The AK/AS has 85% in Recoil, which is one of the highest among all rifles. This gun has the weight of most rifles, 82%. The point version of the AK/AS has 30 rounds, while the cash version, the AK Black/AS Black has 35 rounds in one magazine.

The M4 Carbine/N4 Carbin and the M4 Camo/N4 Camo:
    The M4/N4 is the second most commonly used rifle in the game. It is 32% in power, and 87% in accuracy. The accuracy makes it deadly when headlining, which I will get to, later in the guide. The recoil of this gun is at 54%, which is very low for a rifle. The M4/N4 is 82% weight-wise, The point version of the M4/N4 has a 30 clip magazine, while the cash version, the M4 Camo/N4 Camo has 35.

The M16/N16:
    This is the default rifle for all SuddenAttacks. It has an average power of 32%, and has an average recoil of 70%. Accuracy for the gun is 86%, which is one percent lower than most rifles. The M16/N16 has a weight of 82%.

The SIG556/SIG56:
    New to SuddenAttackNA is the SIG556/SIG56. It has the power of 37%, which is 5% above most rifles. It has the accuracy of 87%, which is pretty average. The recoil is at 54%, which is very low for a rifle. Weight is at 82%.

The FAMAS F1/FAMAS T1:
    This is used by most starting beginners, for its bursting capabilities. The power for the FAMAS is 32%, which is average for rifles. The accuracy is also average for this gun, 87%. Weight is 82%.

The GAL-1/HAL-1:
    Has the exact same stats as the AK/AS. The only difference is that the AK/AS comes out faster than the GAL/HAL. Price is also different.

The G36K/H36K:
    The only rifle in SANA that can zoom in. Has a low power of 31%, but a high accuracy of 90%, which means its the most accurate rifle out in SANA. Recoil is at 70%, which is a little bit over average. The G36K/H36K has the weight of 82%.

The TZAR/SCAR and the TZAR Sandstorm/SCAR Sandstorm:
    The TZAR/SCAR has a power level of 34%, which is a little bit over average for a rifle. This gun has a high accuracy of 87%, which means that the TZAR/SCAR has the lowest accuracy out of all rifles in SANA. The TZAR/SCAR is 60% in recoil, and a weight of 78%, which is fairly light for a rifle. The point version of the TZAR/SCAR has 30 bullets per magazine, while the cash version, the TZAR Sandstorm/SCAR Sandstorm, has 35.
    The techniques later in the guide can be used with SMGs aswell, but I won't go in dept with each one of them.

Out of all of these, I recommend either the AK/AS or the M4/N4.

SECONDARY:
    There is still a small variety of Pistols/Secondary Weapons you can choose from in SANA today, but GameHi managed to release the most used ones.
    A lot of people use a strong fast gun, like the D.Eagle/Desert Eagle or the C.Anaconda/D.Anaconda. secondary weapons help you stay alive after running out of ammo on your primary weapon.

MELEE:
    Anything works, as long as you know how to use it.

THROWING:
    Same thing with Melee, anything can be used, as long as you know how to use it correctly.

SENSITIVITY?
    I recommend using low sensitivity while rifling and sniping. This would keep your aim steady. There is no specific number to put your sensitivity on, it all depends on your mouse.

TECHNIQUE(S):

Just like any other style of shooting, you have to practice. Practice mode is always a great option.

I DO NOT RIFLE, please comment on some rifling techniques below!

I am not a rifler, but I know the basic technique, Headlining:
    Headlining is pretty much what the name is, lining on the head. What you basically do is try not to move your mouse up or down too much, and aim at the head. This is very useful when cutting corners.

TIP: Using accurate guns make headlining even more deadly than it is!

If you know Rifling techniques, please post them below!

MORE TIPS:
    Practice always!
    Work on your hand-eye coordination and reflexes.
    Don't be nervous in those tough clutch situations, believe in yourself.
    Control the recoil while spraying!

IGN: d/x`dannY

I actually prefer using the Dragnov over the TRG in non competitive areas but since the game is so overflowed with TRG quickscopers you kinda have to use the same thing to counter them. Its accuracy isn't the same but i find that you can control the second bullet quite easily instead of quickswitching out and back. Wasn't this also on the gamehi forums?

Beastly Sig By Alphastar07. Thanks bro :D

Quagsire :D

If you want to create an E-sports movie SA than hit me up with a pm. Unless i'm busy you will get something awesome :D

Smoking isn't an addiction its a hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Chinksa View Post
    I actually prefer using the Dragnov over the TRG in non competitive areas but since the game is so overflowed with TRG quickscopers you kinda have to use the same thing to counter them. Its accuracy isn't the same but i find that you can control the second bullet quite easily instead of quickswitching out and back. Wasn't this also on the gamehi forums?
    Yes, it is on the GameHi Forums, I'm the one who made it, so don't worry.
    Hopefully, reposting isn't against the forum rules.

Don't think it would be if its helpful o.o

Beastly Sig By Alphastar07. Thanks bro :D

Quagsire :D

If you want to create an E-sports movie SA than hit me up with a pm. Unless i'm busy you will get something awesome :D

Smoking isn't an addiction its a hobby

I am unable to explain why people have their mouse sensitivities at like 20 ? :[ That really doesn't work for me :( The minimum sensitivity i have managed to kill with is 67, so oh well. Usually with trp, my sensitivity is around 78-88, which appears to be really high compared to most others, but still i manage to kill at decent rate. Am i going wrong somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by SL-Iceman View Post
    Because, we're that good, we don't even need to play to win first.

Quote Originally Posted by himu View Post
    I am unable to explain why people have their mouse sensitivities at like 20 ? :[ That really doesn't work for me :( The minimum sensitivity i have managed to kill with is 67, so oh well. Usually with trp, my sensitivity is around 78-88, which appears to be really high compared to most others, but still i manage to kill at decent rate. Am i going wrong somewhere?
    It's alright to have high sensitivity, I just recommend starting with low sensitivity, since it's more steady. If you already adapted to using high sensitivity, you might as well keep it that way.

i keep mine at 20 for riff and 25 for sna

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaStar07 View Post
    20 for my mouse is pretty fast...
    I use like 10-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    20 for my mouse is pretty fast...
    I use like 10-12.
    i tried 10 for once.. but that experience was horrible! xD

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaStar07 View Post
    same i thought its good to be low for sna but when i rifled that low it was Awesome

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    IGN: majordanger
    KD: 55%
    Clan: SSC-HIFIRE

tired of gms.....